COMP 23: Introduction to Game Development
What this course is NOT
- Strictly game design
- Strictly game programming
- Theory of gameplay or analysis of games
- Creative writing seminar
- Unity or Unreal Engine
- Startup bootcamp
- 2D and 3D graphics design
State the obvious: you are here to make games
What this course is
- Full life-cycle game development
- A bit of everything in game dev
- Build at least three complete games
- You will start to be a professional
About Your Instructor
- A Tufts Alumnus (E02, GE04)
- I do not teach from authority and I do not consider myself smarter than you.
- Please address me by my first name. No need to call me "Professor".
What You Will Need For This Class
- Web browsers, choose 2: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- A good text editor (e.g., Sublime Text, vim)
- Software: command line terminal, SSH, Git
- Unity (week 4 onward)
What is the value of studying and developing games in a Computer Science curriculum?
The State of the Union
What are you currently playing?
Use a spacebar or arrow keys to navigate