Assignment: IEEE Security & Privacy Securing Online Games Readings
Due: Tuesday, November 24th in class
This assignment is worth 10 points. You must work on this assignment individually.
I co-edited with Gary McGraw a special issue of IEEE Security & Privacy on Securing Online Games (Volume 7, Number 3, May/June 2009). Below are six articles from the issue, all in PDF format:
Read all six (6) papers. Please answer all of the following questions in no more than one-paged typed:
- After reading all the papers, what do you think is the main reason for vulnerabilities or insecurity in online games: technical or non-technical?
- A number of vulnerabilities and exploits are described in the papers. Which is your favorite?
- What is your solution to reduce the vulnerabilities and exploits in online games (PC)?
- Do you envision these issues to happen in your 2D game or final project?
- Do you think these issues apply for mobile games?
Submitting the Assignment
Please hand in assignment in class on Tuesday, November 24th.